Stretch your brain through the time vortex with these incredible facts about Doctor Who.
- Bowties almost never happened. Moffat recalls his conversation with Matt “Matt said ‘I should be a boffin, I think I need to go with the bow tie’ and I said ‘No, absolutely not, you’re not wearing a bow tie – that’s a cartoon idea of what Doctor Who is… Oh, you are going to wear a bow tie – you look incredible in it.”
- Clara once learned the Doctor’s name. In the library of the TARDIS during ‘Journey to the Center of the TARDIS’ Clara comes across the book ‘The History of the Time War”. In that book is the Doctor’s true name. Unfortunately for Clara, soon after reading it the timeline she was on collapsed and she no longer remembers entering the library.
- The Silence were originally priests for naked people. Originally this horrifying villain was genetically designed to hear the confessions of people without having them remembering. The Papal Mainframe is a church that floats out in space and only lets naked people in. The Doctor and Clara visited the Papal Mainframe during ‘The Time of the Doctor’ and both were completely naked at the time.
- Dalek is Kelad spelled backwards. The original race that designed the Daleks were humanoids called Kelads. Davros was the mad scientist who genetically spliced together the perfect race of the Daleks.
- The Doctor’s longest traveling companion is technically Handles. While the Doctor was trapped on Trenzalore his constant companion was the head of a Cyberman and it stayed with him for about 300 years.
- This is what Madam Vastra looks like without makeup.
- Peter Capaldi was invited to audition for the role of the Eighth Doctor in 1995. The role eventually went to Paul McGann. Peter Capaldi however, ducked out of the audition thinking he wouldn’t get the part.
story via (RaggedyFan.com)
Leave a Reply